Meet Tony Teegarden – Coach of Coaches
How I Met Tony Teegarden
As is the case with many of my connections, I met Tony through my mentor and friend Kim Doyal when she mentioned I should interview him for my podcast because he is a great connector and knows how to connect with others both online and offline. You will hear in the podcast interview a lot of tips on how he connected offline in a previous career and how he now connects online with his coaching business. He had a very strategic approach when working with potential clients face to face that you won’t want to miss. He also has a ton of tips for how he connects with his audience and potential strategic and/or referral partners online.
Tony loves the philosophy of “be, do, have” (see resource section below for more information on this philosophy) and tries to live by this everyday.
Tony currently works with coaches, experts and specialists in their field to help them create, sell and deploy high ticket ($3,000 or higher) group coaching programs.
Most Important Points During the Interview with Tony Teegarden
- Always remember to give and you’ll always get.
- When networking offline, Tony gives some great tips:
- Let the prospect know right away that it’s ok if he or she is not interested in your product or service, but does he or she know someone that would benefit from your product or service? In other words, you never know when your prospect is 1 degree away from your biggest sale! Most people ONLY think about the prospect right in front of them. They NEVER think to ask the prospect if they“know of anyone else that may benefit from” your product or service.
- When you are talking to potential customers, don’t have any attachment to the sale — it’s ok if the prospect says “no” to whatever product or service you are selling.
- When networking online, Tony gives these tips:
- He interacts in a lot of online Facebook groups, LinkedIN groups, and with email marketing. He combines his email marketing with his group interactions (includes links in his emails to these groups).
- Webinars work.
- He partners with others that are a good fit for his business and asks to include him in their email marketing and webinars. He gives them a referral fee for any clients he gets from that promotional partnership.
- Don’t assume your connection is the only person that may buy from you — they may not be right for your product or service, but they may have the perfect connection for you that is right — don’t be afraid to ask!
- People will automatically see how you are treating them, so they will expect that anyone they refer you to, you will treat them the same way.
- Partnering with someone in their marketing campaigns (email and webinars) brings great referrals.
- You can presell a product before it’s even developed.
- Get the address of your high quality connections and your clients, then send them something. You can also do this for potential customers and partners.
Connect with Tony Teegarden
Resources Mentioned in the Interview or Found for You!
by Wayne Dyer
|“Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook”
by Gary Vaynerchuk
|“The Virtues of Selfishness”
by Ayn Rand
|The philosophy of “be, do, have.”|