Meet Jessie Stehlik – Professional Photographer and Videographer
How I Met Jessie Stehlik
As you may recall, I interviewed Clark Brooks in an earlier podcast episode. He mentioned Jessie (the first time I had heard her name) as a person I should interview next since she is such a great connector. She was then recommended to me by another Master Connector, Renee Warmack, when I inquired about a photographer that could take my head shot pictures for my website and social media channels. Without wasting much time, I contacted Jessie for a photo shoot and for the podcast interview. I am thrilled to say that most of the images you see of me for my profile picture are from Jessie.
Jessie and her husband own Stehlik Photo and primarily shoot weddings and some corporate projects.
Most Important Points During the Interview with Jessie Stehlik
- Don’t forget to create connections between local businesses and individuals for charitable causes. Jessie discusses a beautiful story about a connection she made between a local business and a young man that did not let his paraplegia stop him from flying. She made this happen by simply initiating a conversation with yet another connection.
- Make sure you surround yourself with people that will build you up and help connect you with other like-minded people.
- Volunteer for worthy causes that align with your passions, values and beliefs and you’ll certainly make worthwhile and longlasting connections that count.
- When attending business networking events, don’t put the pressure on yourself that you have to go and make a connection. Don’t think “what can this person do for me?” Take the focus off of you, and place it on the people you are going to meet. As has been said in many other podcast episodes, think about what you can do for the other people attending the event. Karen Cubler had a great idea, as well, in her podcast interview.
- If you are not being authentically interested in other people, they will know. Why should someone be genuinely interested in you if you are not interested in them?
- When wanting to make a great connection with others, take the focus off of you and have a positive attitude.
- Make eye contact and smile! It works.
Connect with Jessie Stehlik
- Stehlik Photography – Jessie’s photography business.
- Studio@StehlikPhotography.com – Jessie’s email.
- 813.695.2441 – Jessie’s phone number (only serious inquiries, please!)
- Downtown Tampa Weddings – Jessie and her husband have started a new project where they want to market the idea that having a wedding in their downtown, historical location is a viable option to the beaches that are usually chosen for scenic weddings.
- Stehlik Photography on Facebook
Resources Mentioned in the Interview or Found for You!
- This Life Is – the heart warming story about Matt Miller, a paraplegic who realized a dream.
- Dale Carnegie’s How to Win Friends and Influence Others
- Jessie’s Summer Snow Day experiment – this was a brilliant idea that garnered local business support.
Meet Matt Miller discussed in the inspiring story during the podcast interview:
Here is Matt fulfilling a dream thanks to Jessie Making the Right Connections:
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS