Meet Erica Castner – Master Connector Online and Offline
How I Met Erica Castner
I met Erica many years ago as a member of the Greater Fort Myers Chamber of Commerce. Erica was the Director of Member Concierge Services for this organization, helping members connect to resources to grow and develop their businesses.
Most Important Points During the Interview with Erica Castner
- Pinterest is a great social media platform if your demographic is women and also if you pos (or, “pin”) about food!
- Using Facebook Groups is a powerful way to connect with your audience/target market.
- You need to decide the types of clients/customers you want to attract to your business (this is what I call creating your “Avatar”).
- Also look for strategic partners/alliances that may already be working with your target market and partner with them in your marketing endeavors.
- When figuring out where your Avatar hangs out, make sure you think about where they hang out both online and offline. For example, Erica will attend seminars she knows her avatar would attend.
- Make sure you are giving those you meet online or offline plenty of value, either as providing information resources or connections with other people.
- Make sure you create strong descriptions for your Facebook Group (this also helps the group get found in the search algorithms) so group members or potential group members really understand the purpose of the group.
- Don’t be afraid to ask current group members to share the group with their like-minded friends and family.
- Make sure you share resources with your group members.
- Use though-provoking images with your Facebook Posts.
- Start using Periscope – you can upload your periscope episodes to a YouTube channel (make sure you brand your channel).
Connect with Erica Castner
- Audio Training Series
- Facebook Group for Power Moms
- Proclamation of Persistence Podcast (please subscribe, rate and review if this podcast speaks to you)
Resources Mentioned in the Interview or Found for You!
- Erica’s first coach, David Essel
- Kim Garst Periscope Course
- YouCanBook.me – I have created my coaching scheduler to be on this site. It’s been working incredibly well.
- Typorama App – This is a great iPhone App used by many social media experts for creating quick, high quality graphics you can use for social media and more.
Making memorable impressions at networking events:
What’s the best type of networking organization?