Meet Robert Vanelli or just “Vanelli” or “V”
You are going to enjoy this interview with “Vanelli”. His warm and genuine way of conversing and enthusiasm for telling an engaging story are truly contagious.
Note: Vanelli mentions a past date for a Photography cruise workshop listed on his website. The good news is, he continues to offer these cruise workshops and they continue to be posted on his website. So, go check it out here if you’re interested in attending.
How I Met Robert Vanelli, aka “V” or “Vanelli”
I had the EXTREME pleasure of meeting Robert Vanelli after another connection, Larry Becker whom you’ll meet in a later podcast episode, mentioned that I should look “V” up on Facebook. After a conversation I had with Larry about wanting to connect him with another Social Media guru, he said “Wow, Sandi. You’re a real Connector! There’s only one other person I know in this world that does what you do and that’s a guy named Vanelli, or V. He also lives in Florida. Maybe you two should meet. I’ll introduce you.” The rest is history.
I connected with V through Facebook initially and made a plan to meet him. We set the day and time and had an amazing brainstorming session at Disney World. I was so determined to meet this Master Connector that I drove three hours up and three hours back. Within just a few minutes, we were both writing furiously to make sure we didn’t forget anything. V told me the stories you’ll hear in this podcast episode. He is an absolute joy to listen to and I am strongly encouraging him to start his own podcast or Internet radio show. Let me know what you think in the comments below.
Most Important Points During the Interview with Robert Vanelli
- How he became a Connector and how the power of his connections were incorporated into his two major careers as a Martial Arts Expert and Professional Photographer.
- His favorite Connector is his dad, who taught him how to be a great connector. Vanelli’s dad couldn’t go anywhere in town without 4-5 people knowing him. He attributed his dad’s success with knowing so many people by the tremendous community service he provided.
- He also tells a story that provides a lesson in accepting gifts graciously.
- The “Vanelli Thing” – this is a great story about meeting Scott Kelby and being an integral part of Photoshop World.
- Vanelli reached out and started helping people at the huge Photoshop World event without expecting anything in return.
- He saw an opportunity for sponsors and an opening to help others in his industry of photography.
- He talks about how his connections led to more connections, which ultimately led to him obtaining free advice from some of the most talented photographers in the world today.
- You’ll hear warm and wonderful stories about how Vanelli connected with some famous photographers like Scott Kelby, Vincent Versace, Ben Willmore, Mike Kubeisy, Jack Davis, Rich Harrington and more.
- You’ll hear more great stories about how Vanelli met NCIS actors on the set when it was a real “no-no”: Mark Harmon, Pauley Perrette and more. There’s a wonderfully sweet story about something Pauley did for Vanelli’s dad that was sparked by a conversation Mike Kubeisy had with her.
- If you don’t think you are outgoing enough to become a Power Connector, align yourself with someone who is. He talks about his young producer, Nick, and the successes Nick has had by being mentored by V.
- Don’t emulate other people – be yourself, be comfortable with yourself and don’t be afraid to look like a fool. Do it [reach out and connect with others] from a position of “if it works out, great, if not, oh well”.
- All in all, just be yourself and help others without any expectation of return.
Connect with Robert Vanelli
Website: VanelliAndFriends.com and Photofocus.com (Vanelli is an author for this)
Facebook: Photofocus’ Facebook Page (Vanelli wanted to list this one – enjoy the articles he’s written here)
Vanelli’s Recommendations for Whom to Connect with Next
On the Horizon
You just never know with Vanelli – he is a VERY busy guy.