Meet Angela Lau – Course Content Creation and Optimization Expert
How I Met Angela Lau
Angela and I both met through a mastermind group (on Facebook) set up by our mutual friend and mentor, Kim Doyal. You’ll hear us absolutely “gushing” over Kim for good reason as she got us both started down our paths of developing and marketing our own businesses. If it wasn’t for her, we may never have gotten our online businesses off the ground.
Angela’s business is called “Course Connection”. She helps others create the content and structure of their online courses, as well as helping them (or doing it for them) set up the technical aspect of the online course platform. When I first met Angela, I didn’t know she actually helped her clients with the content and technical aspects of the courses — I thought she only offered information on how to create courses that stand out, and maybe did some optimization and perhaps minor suggestions for the content.
Her years of experience as an instructional designer gives her tremendous credibility in helping others in the online course industry.
Most Important Points During the Interview with Angela Lau
- Angela had waited four years to do her first webinar to market her services! When Kim said she would join Angela on the webinar with her to make it easier, and then actually scheduled the webinar, she finally accomplished that goal. The valuable point here is: “just DO it!” and, if it makes it easier, have someone help you when the task seems too daunting.
- Make sure you have the mindset of “giving without expectation of getting anything in return.” This is a common theme among powerful Connectors.
- Before networking with anyone online of offline, make sure you research the person you would like to meet so that you are prepared when and if you connect.
- When creating courses online, you have to include multimedia and other digital assets to improve your student engagement.
- When pushing through the fear of networking offline (in person), don’t be afraid to try calming techniques like meditation or using powerful positive self-talk (“mantras”).
Connect with Angela Lau
Resources Mentioned in the Interview or Found for You!
Simple Strategies to Get Your Course Found Online
Strategies to Create Course Content that Attracts Your Ideal Client
Creating Online Courses Using 3 Simple Tools
Learn How a Tool Can Make Your Course Content Pop
Who Is Angela Interview:
Angela was gracious enough to have me actually interview HER for her own podcast. She used that format to allow her listeners a different perspective for the very first podcast episode.
Click here for Angela’s offer for 15 minute course connection coaching session.