Meet Clark Brooks – Comedian, Author, Podcaster
How I Met Clark Brooks
I have to say Clark is one of the warmest, funniest men I have ever met and I am so glad he has come into my life. We met through a mutual friend, Renee Warmack, who happens to be one of those “Master Connectors” that cares deeply about others and wants to help improve the lives of anyone she meets. During the interview, Clark gives Renee credit for getting him started in following his dream and developing his passion for comedy and writing. You’ll hear how they even produced a documentary together, called “Ten at the Top of Tampa Bay”, and got listed on IMDb for it. Of course, he puts his comedic spin on that fact.
Some of his other dreams fulfilled include the following:
- Clark has been doing stand up comedy at some of the more prestigious comedy clubs in and around Tampa Bay. He talks about how other important connections he’s made both online and offline have helped with his comedy career.
- By making the right connections, Clark has become a sports writer for Raw Charge, the premier blog about the Tampa Bay Lightning.
- He wrote a book called “A Ridiculously Inconsistent Treasury” – yes, we discuss this in the podcast.
- Clark has landed some freelance writing gigs including a series of labels on the back of the “Sunshine Moonshine” bottles.
Most Important Points During the Interview with Clark Brooks
- Clark gives great advice about how to use Twitter to meet and build relationships that make sense for you and your career. His analogy of growing relationships to gardening is great.
- He gives tips on what NOT to do on Twitter.
- He gets serious about “just being nice”!
Connect with Clark Brooks
Blog: Ridiculously Inconsistent Trickle of Consciousness (touching article written about Clark by Renee)
Podcast: The Ridiculously Inconsistent Podcast (a link to one of my favorite episodes about “spooning”)
Please reach out to this funny man and come see him in Tampa Bay if you live close by – he’d LOVE to see you!
Clark’s Recommendations for Whom to Connect with Next
Jessie Stehlik – Stehlik Foto Facebook page – stay tuned for a later podcast episode when I DO interview Jessie.
Carl LaBove – mentioned in the interview as someone that’s helping Clark with his comedy